Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let’s wrestle? Well, ok!!


If you like the previous post and you’ve never listened to Let’s Wrestle, well now’s the time, especially when I reveal the name of the producer of their latest album, Nursing Home (2011 Merge Records) Steve Albini has teamed up with this most recent project of post-punk pastiche to record and produce a raw, tastefully ironic pop record, and I just recently got it on Vinyl. Here’s the video to the album’s opening track, “In Dreams Part II”:



Let’s Wrestle is a three-piece indie rock group from England that formed in 2005. They began releasing singles in 2007 and have recorded 2 full length albums since; the first release I listened to was their Ep, In Loving Memory Of... (2008 Stolen Records), thanks to a friend from OK. I think that Ep is my favorite of their discography, and it reminds me most of the early TV Personalities sound. Here’s the video to the track, “I Won’t Lie to You”:



That’s some really good, stripped-down Lo-Fi rock’n’roll!! But my favorite song of the release is the song, “Man with Pica Syndrome.” They made a video for that track as well:



Let’s Wrestle is a lot of fun. It’s raw, ironic & humorous, while at the same time, heart-felt & real. They’re good for any party as well; definitely add to the library, and start with the ep...

let’s wrestle in loving memory of

1 comment: